Come celebrate 2015 at the SCWCA annual conference in Austin, Texas on February 12-14!
Thanks to our hosts, The Undergraduate Writing Center, Department of Rhetoric & Writing, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics Student Service at The University of Texas at Austin.
The keynote speaker is Lester Faigley.
Proposals due October 15. Make your plans now.
See the conference web site at http://uwc.utexas.edu/scwca/ for details.
At-Large positions open for nominations for IWCA
The IWCA board is now accepting nominations for the following board member positions for 2014-2016:
- Seven (7) at-large representatives
- One (1) graduate student representative
- One (1) community college representative
- One (1) secondary school representative
All nominees must be IWCA members in good standing and be willing to serve as described below:
- Attend online board meetings throughout the academic year.
- Serve on one or more committees.
- Represent their constituency to the IWCA board and report back to their constituency on a regular basis.
- Where budgets permit, represent the IWCA at our three main professional gatherings – the NCTE, CCCC, and IWCA conferences.
Nominees can verify their member status at https://www.iwcamembers.org. Nominees for the graduate student, community college, and secondary school representative positions must belong to the constituency they will represent (i.e., graduate student representative nominees must be graduate students). Self-nominations are welcome.
All nominations should include the nominee’s e-mail address, telephone number, position for which they will run, and role in the writing center world (e.g., assistant director, tutor, coordinator, etc.). Send nominations to IWCA Secretary Alanna Bitzel at email@example.com by September 30, 2014 at 5pm CST.
Please include “IWCA Nomination” in the subject line.
Submit to the SCWCA Newsletter
The SCWCA is pleased to announce that it is accepting proposals for publication. Editor Alanna Bitzel (The University of Texas at Austin) welcomes news, articles, and features.
For more information, see SCWCA Newsletter CFP.