Hotel: South Shore Harbor Resort www.sshr.com
To make a reservation online, click on the reservations link, then the groups link, and log-in using attendee code SCWCA2011 (no space.) Make sure all attendees’ names are included in the reservation to ensure correct billing and pricing.
To ensure you get the correct bed selection, please enter your preference in the comment box below the credit card section.
Room Registration Deadline: Friday, January 14, 2011
(Please note that after the 14th we will release any rooms that have not been booked and you will no longer be able to get the conference rate.)
|Room Rate:||$110 Single|
|Includes breakfast, wireless internet, and parking|
The hotel also has a state-of-the art fitness center ($5.00 per day for guests), spa services (facials, massages, hair salon)
Two airports serve the Houston area: Houston Hobby (HOU) and George Bush Intercontinental (IAH). We recommend that attendees fly in to Houston Hobby because it is closer to the hotel and campus and shuttle service is provided free of charge to South Shore Harbor guests. (Note: Southwest Airlines has multiple flights into Hobby from all member states.)
Airport service is provided by Clear Lake Shuttle if travelers work with the shuttle company’s schedule and arrange for service 24 hours in advance.
Clear Lake Shuttle Bus, Inc.
2500 South Shore Blvd.
League City, TX 77573
281-334-3873 or 281-334-1000 ext. 2143
Click here to download Clear Lake Shuttle’s airport pick-up schedule.
Please note that while Clear Lake Shuttle will provide service to and from Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH), the cost is high. If you are traveling with a group of people and must fly in to IAH, consider renting a car instead.
Transportation (UHCL Campus)
For travelers who will need transportation to and from the UHCL campus on Friday, we are offering optional bus service for $5.00 round trip. If you would like to register for this service, please mark the appropriate box on your registration form and add $5.00 to your registration fees.
Available shuttle to Kemah waterfront is $10.00 round trip.
Start at: William P. Hobby Airport, Houston, TX 77061
- Head southeast on Pal B. Coonce St. toward A Ave – 0.5 mi
- Take the 1st left onto A Ave – 0.1 mi
- Continue onto Randolph St. – 0.7 mi
- Turn left at Almeda-Genoa Rd. – 2.8 mi
- Slight right at Gulf Fwy – 0.7 mi
- Take the ramp on the left onto I-45 S – 10.0 mi
- Take exit 23 toward League City/Farm to Market Rd. 518 – 0.2 mi
- Merge onto Gulf Fwy – 0.2 mi
- Turn left at Farm to Market 518E/W Main St. Continue to follow Farm to Market 518 E – 2.8 mi
- Continue onto Farm to Market Rd. 2094/Marina Bay Dr. – 1.5 mi
- Turn left at S Shore Blvd. – 0.2 mi
- At the traffic circle, continue straight to stay on S Shore Blvd. Destination will be on the right – 0.1 mi
Arrive at: South Shore Harbour Resort 2500 South Shore Boulevard League City, TX 77573
Start at: South Shore Harbour Resort 2500 South Shore Boulevard League City, TX 77573
- Head southeast on S Shore Blvd. – 472 ft.
- At the traffic circle, continue straight to stay on S Shore Blvd. – 0.2 mi
- Turn right at Farm-To-Market Rd. 2094/Marina Bay Dr. – 1.5 mi
- Turn right at Farm-To-Market Rd. 270 N – 2.5 mi
- Continue onto El Camino Real – 0.7 mi
- Turn right at Gemini Ave – 1.0 mi
- Turn left to stay on Gemini Ave – 0.2 mi
- Continue onto Broadlawn Dr. – 0.4 mi
- Turn left at Space Center Blvd. – 0.3 mi
- Take the 2nd right onto Bay Area Blvd. Destination will be on the right – 1.0 mi
Arrive at: 2700 Bay Area Blvd. Houston, TX 77058
UHCL Parking Information
All conference attendees should park in unmarked spaces in lots R (West entrance) or D2-D4 (East entrance.) Please click here for a link to a campus parking map. The opening session will be held in the Bayou Building in the Garden Room. Click here for a map of the Bayou Building.